Thursday, June 14, 2012

15 hours.

 Hi,

Just wanted to share what I did in the SA1 examination for ART&DESIGN. It was a 15 hours examination that divided into 3 days so I got 5 hours each day.  My theme was Distortion in Water. The model was my self and my brother helped me by being a 15-minutes-photographer in the pool. I choose this picture from any other pictures because I like how my hair and the dress were flowing in the water. I did decide to make it triptych because I thought I wanted to try something different and new and rather than just use the triptych to see the details in the preparation work, I used it as the form of my final artwork.
 I used water color even though I did try so many different media some of them were acrylic, pencil color, and conte. I love all of them but since I needed to make gradient in the water and skin. And water color delivers better result in creating such gradients. I must admit I am not satisfied with the result because of the small details that I missed and as what they all said whatever it is the small thing counts and the devil is in the detail
But, at that time I was actually regret on my decision of not looking further or try harder because I was actually too scared to ended up ruining it more. And I don't know what happen but I remember reading in one of the successful artist in the internet that he was actually stop when he was doubt that he could make it even better but here is the thing, who am I? thinking the same way as a SUCCESSFUL ARTIST which obviously only a line in a white canvas would turn into beautiful and meaningful artwork like whatever they make turn into gold. And for god's sake. IT'S ART so, here is some tip for me and all of you art students and painters; DON'T BE AFRAID, BE A RISK TAKER, AND DON'T FORGET THE DETAIL (the small thing could really make a big difference). And in Art there's no "wrong answer". What makes it different is the skill, technique and how the artist deliver the message of their art work. It's all about the painter's and artist's perception and interpretation. The artist should be able to allow the viewers to make their own perception and their story of the art work.

Voila!!

  
The first 5 hours

10 hours.

 

 15 hours



FINAL

Cheers,


Athaya S

No comments:

Post a Comment