Wednesday, July 01, 2015

US Beauté Haul MAY 2015


Hi everyone!

I hope you're having a great day. 
And since it's hump day which means it's almost weekend, I brought to you a lil haul from the US. 
Hoping this would inspire your next shopping trip or your getting ready process this weekend! 


Here are the deets:

Anastasia Beverly Hills dipbrow pomade in Chocolate - $18 Sephora Mall of America, Minnesotta 

Review: Love love love this product, it's amazing! Easy to control, looks more natural because you could mimic real hair in the way you work with the brush and it will last for-freakin-ever. Unfortunately, it comes in a glass tube so it could crack if it fall (mine already did, a bit), it doesn't come with the brush so you need to get it separately and it could dry fast so you need to be careful with the room temp being too cold or leaving the lid out in the open. They do sell you the brush from Anastasia BH too and the liquid solution to melt the hard pomade. There are also different alternatives to use it, with your eyeliner brush perhaps or different liquid to melt it, so no worries.


MAC Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35 in NC35 - $19 

Review: It's thick so cleaning the brush or even the process of removing make up might take more time, but other than that it's perfect for any blemishes because the girl said it's even use to cover tattoos. If you want to use it for your dark under eye, I recommend to just tap it because the skin under your eye is thin, so you need to be extra careful. And a little bit goes a long way, so it will last you a long time *depends on the area and thickness you want to cover.

MAC Extended Play Giga Black Mascara - $17 

Review: I tried this product way before I went to the US because Jaclyn Hill raves about this mascara for her bottom lashes and I love her so I need to know what it's all about. Sadly, in Jakarta it cost like approx 300.000IDR (approx $28) which I wasn't about that life. I'm not gonna buy a mascara that expensive because my Maybelline works just fine and it cost wayyyyyy less than that. But, since I was in the US and it cost way less than in Indonesia, I thought why not. I'm not so fond of the fact that it is a bit liquidy as in it smudges easily, so I need to dry it before doing anything else. Which kinda makes my getting ready process a bit longer. I love how it lengthens and separate my lashes, it won't clump even after two coats and it gives you spidery looking lashes. So after all, I give it a 4 out of 5. I agree with Jaclyn though, it's bomb for bottom lashes.

MAC Satin Lipstick in Faux - $16 

Review: I haven't use it yet, hee hee. Waiting for my 10 other lipstick to be finished because they're all open and being used at the same time. So far, I'm expecting a better than your lips color. 

MAC Lip pencils in Whirl - $16

Review: same with Faux, I haven't use this yet because I have 5 other lip liners being used currently.

MAC Lip pencils in Soar - $16

Review: LOVE. This is the perfect pink shade I've been looking for. It's innocent, flirty and at the same time plump your lips. It's perfect. Very recommended. Sadly, I was just too excited in the MAC store that I wasn't aware I didn't get the Pro-Long Wear instead.  Nonetheless, it stays pretty long on my lips, as long as I don't use lip balm with it. If you want to use lip balm with it, use it at the beginning of putting your make up on so by the time you get to the lip part it absorbs and you don't have much left on your lips. 

All bought in MAC store in Denver International Airport


You have no idea how long I've been wanting to get these especially the lip pencils and Anastasia dipbrow pomade. Just because we don't have it here in Indonesia or if we do, it costs double the real price and even more. I'm so happy that I got my hands on all these even if there are more things I'd wish I could get. Maybe, next time? ;)


Stay Stylish, 


No comments:

Post a Comment