Thursday, July 21, 2016

ISBeauty #2



Hey Beauties!

Still on that Hari Raya vibes!
This morning I woke up to a good feeling. It's so refreshing to see less to no traffic in front of my Apartment. Usually it's hot, humid and jam pack with traffic. I think, Eid al Fitr week is the only time I want to be in Jakarta.

Today, I'm back with the second edition of IS Beauty. I'm soo flattered by the nice things you said about my beauty routines and make up. Thank you so much!

...And as much as I love make up, I am excited to talk more about skin care. It's important to balance the two, because your skin is going to be with you forever. You'd want to take care of them the most.

I'm going to talk about some of the basics you might need in your skin care regimen. Keep in mind these products are according to my skin type. You could always adjust your skin care to what's suitable for your skin type.

Disclaimer: I know that most of these products are high end. And even though expensive skin care could bring more advance proof or feel more luxurious, it doesn't mean that affordable products will not give the result you'd want. Remember, you don't always have to splurge on it. You do you boo!


Let's get started.

(left to right)

1. Sisley, Ecological Compound: I just recently purchased this product, and so far so good. It has rosemary to tones the skin. And although some people say it's good to apply it at night - because your face will feel tighten and supple in the morning, I still use it in the morning before I apply my make up. Thus, I prefer to use it in the morning because it actually feel lightweight on my skin ( make sure not to over use it, a small amount goes a long way and it absorbs quickly.

I know the anti-aging part may not be useful, or may even harmful for my skin because I'm only 21. Buuuuut, it helps my skin fight environmental stress, like the pollution caused by the traffic. So with this product, at least I'm less worried about how my skin will react towards the environment condition.

Unfortunately it doesn't have SPF so you need an extra product for protection.
It does said that it protects the sensitive skin but if you have sensitive skin you may want to ask for the sample before buying the full size. It's always trial and error when finding the right skin care so, be careful on what's on the ingredients.


2. Chantecaille, La Crème anti-âge pour le décolleté Bio lifting Neck Cream: I'm still in my 20s but one thing I learned in my 20s is to invest in my skincare because as much tempting and beautiful make up is, it could ruin your skin. Your skin is the only thing left for... ever! So I think it's better for me to take care of it as early as possible. Including my neck, which most of the time is forgotten. As I write this post and find out the availability, I found the packaging changing and the name slightly change from Bio lifting to Bio dynamic, which makes the ingredient could be changing also. Since the last one is the only thing I found available so I'm going to post the latest ingredients. I do prefer their latest packaging because it looks more lux, since it's in a glass jar. The price tag is not a college student friendly, but the results is pretty amazing. I my neck feel tighter, not in a choking way just in a lifting way like it's supposed to do. Firming! that's the word. I don't think I will be purchasing just because I feel like this product is more suitable for mature skin. However it suits my skin type, and perfect for dry skin also!

Ingredients: Rosa Damascena Flower Distillate, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Plankton Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Caprylyl Glycol, Saccharide Isomerate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Carbomer, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Spent Grain Wax, Nacissus Poeticus Flower Wax, Jasminum Officinale(Jasmine) Flower Wax, Bisabolol, Acacia Dealbata Leaf Wax, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, PPG-25-Laureth-25, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Sodium Hyaluronate, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Pollen Extract, Glycoproteins, Magnolia Leaves (Michelia Alba) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Tocotrienols, Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, Beta-Carotene, Phytosterols, Butylene Glycol, Butylparaben, PEG-8, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Sorbitol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Illite, Squalene, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Ascorbic Acid, BHT, Hydroxyethylcellulose


3. Cle De Peau, Correcting Cream Veil: This goes before I'm applying my make up and after my moisturizer. This correcting cream is perfect for my under eye and blemishes, to even out the skin tone and prepare it for the foundation. It creates that radiant healthy looking skin that enhances my make up. The best part is the light texture that contains moisturizer that will make the make up last even longer.

A rich, creamy moisturizing makeup base that instantly smoothes roughness and visibly transforms the texture of skin. Creates a stunning complexion, veiled in radiance, with a look of luminosity emanating from within.

I first knew Cle De Peau from Ellaine Worth, Teen Vogue. It's a pricey product and unfortunately it needs complementary product to go with it too. Before it mixes with the foundation it does looks like it creases on my under eye but after foundation, it blends beautifully. So you may not want to use it own its own without foundation on top of it.

How to use: Apply after using your regular skincare items. Take up a pearl-sized amount on a fingertip and dot on five parts of the face (cheeks, forehead, nose and chin). Spread over skin starting from the center of the face by gently gliding your fingers over the surface to ensure an even finish. Apply a little at a time over areas of concern such as fine lines and pores and pat with fingertips to blend in. Apply foundation after checking that the formula has settled properly. 


4.SK-II, Cleansing Cream: Since SK-II is pretty expensive and I'm still trying some brands out, I choose to use the small one and see how it reacts. Usually when I'm testing out products I would use it for a week or so after knowing there is no bad results, if it goes well I won't use any products and finish it. The product is perfect for dry and sensitive skin, which I'm not, but then again I wanted to have the extra moisture the product has along with its Pitera and White Willow Extract that cleans the face like no other and makes the skin feel more supple. It's good to remove make up. The smooth texture and rosey fragrance is very spa like. I don't mind using this to cleanse my face but I do prefer oil like based to remove make up at the end of the day.


5. L'occitane, Lip Balm: I have so many of these! and if you follow my snapchat you'd know ;) @ thysizzle. I keep one in my vanity, in my bag, at the office, one near the lip kits, in my make up bag and the rest stored in a box in my make up drawer. The reason is because you'd never know when you'll feel dry and chapped lips are not a cute lewk. If you want to use liquid lipsticks, or any matte lipsticks it is advisable to moisturized your lips beforehand because these products could be drying. Also some lip balm looks like gloss which makes your lips look plumper which is a trend these days!

Ingredients:
Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)**, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax**, Hydrogenated Palm Kernal Gylcerides**, Cera Alba/Beeswax**, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides**, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil**, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate**, Tacopheryl Acetate, Parfum/Fragrance, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate**.
**Natural origin ingredients.

So many natural ingredients, no wonder my lips are loving it! Also it has a good smell and unlike Vaseline, if I use this overnight I don't feel like my lips feels super thick and greasy the next morning which I think it's due to the products absorb in my lips.


6. La Mer, The Eye Balm IntenseAs much as I'd love to love the product, my eye area got irritated and I don't see much different comparing to my other eye creams. I do like the applicator and the fact that even though it is in a small jar, it is not an illusion jar and the product could last up until 4 months. If you happen to have dry skin, this won't be my first recommendation. The fragrant is could be from the eucalyptus oil which I love but unsure whether I want it around my eyes. There are a lot of ingredients, and one of them I read was caffeine so it may be the reason it was a bit drying. Since it is an expensive products, I suggest to do your research before purchasing it. However, since it gives me reaction, it works for my grandmother and her eyes does look youthful and smooth.


7. OBAGI, Professional Serum 10%: When I went to LA my aunt made sure for us to stopped by OBAGI store in Beverly Hills. My mother was using Obagi in 2009 or so, and said it is good especially the peeling - but lets get real peeling is not cute! I was then sucked in to the Obagi world and on my one week trip in LA I spent the last 2 days started using OBAGI religiously and continued using until my last day in the US, my skin peeled like a snake changing its skin which is it. But I quiet like the result, it's like a brand new start, getting rid of all the bad skin textures and dark spots away. My skin feels softer and nicer too so I decided to follow the regime with the serum. I believe vitamin C will help brightens the skin and have millions other benefits so I chose this one. My skin feels tighter maybe because of the collagen, and my pores looks smaller! With little amount of ingredients, this serum does makes my skin healthier and even out my skin tone.


8. La Mer, Radiant SerumJust like my highlighters, I love anything glowy so radiant is close enough. The serum is water based and has many anti oxidants along with skin repairing ingredients. My skin have the usual problema, textures, pores and bumps but that's due to pollution, stress and make up. The serum does makes my pores appears smaller and supple. I prefer the serum than the eye balm, because I don't have any bad reactions off of it. It still has the eucalyptus oil and alcohol which I'm not quiet sure is suitable for skin, face skin specifically. So made sure you have good skin regime to support it.


9. Clinique, Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion: As much hype this product gets over the internet and however happy I am for those who got best results from it, I just feel like this products doesn't suit me and rather it gave me reactions like acne and textures. Which is sad and weird as it is moisturizing. I still can use it from time to time but not constantly. Maybe because my skin is oily and not dry - which is the main target for this lotion, but I know people who are oily and use this product religiously so I'm not quiet sure. If you do want to try them, I suggest buying the small size first or ask for a sample from your relatives who owns one. Note: I love Clinique body lotion, it keeps my body skin moisturized for the whole day! Although, I have to say this products is fragrance free and does absorb quickly, it is also lightweight I don't feel any thickness while wearing it under my makeup.

Ingredients:
Water, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Urea, Lanolin Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 6, Yellow 5, Red 33.


10. Clinique, All About Eyes: First when I open it I was pretty annoyed bacause the jar is already small but the amount inside is even smaller because it's like an illusion jar. Anyway, I do realize that eye creams are not supposed to be used a lot at a time, its only as small as pea sized just enough for the unde reye. Applying it using middle finger, or ring finger due less pressure it has and how soft our skin under the eyes are. I don't have any reactions, no redness or itchiness, but I don't see any difference the next morning. I know I know, it's skin care is not an over night process however, when using my Vichy eye cream I feel and see differences, I feel lighter in a way and the puffiness and darkness does reduced! This products takes time to see changes but I do love love love the texture of it, it's soft and not sticky like my Vichy ones. Keep it in the fridge and don't let it expose to the air because it will reduced the products. The pink packaging is such a sweetener on the vanity!

Ingredients:
cyclopentasiloxane -water - isostearyl palmitate - polyethylene - butylene glycol - polysilicone-11 - ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer - mulberry root extract - caffeine - phytosphingosine - wheat bran extract - scutellaria baicalensis root extract - whey protein - olive fruit extract - green tea leaf extract - cholesterol - linoleic acid - tocopheryl acetate - magnesium ascorbyl phosphate - pyridoxine dipalmitate - sucrose - glycerin - dimethicone - glyceryl laurate - peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone - quaternium-18 bentonite - petrolatum - cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone - propylene carbonate - sodium chloride - disodium edta - sodium sulfite - sodium metabisulfite - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, ci 77499).


11. Clinique, Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle and Photo Damage Corrector: Living in the big city, with pollution everywhere, one can only hope that there is a way to fix the imperfections. This serums works nicely. One, it's lightweight, and even though some people may not fond of the applicator, I do like it I think it makes it easier to control the amount I'd be using which is around 2 to 4 drops morning and night. It smoothens my skin after a few week of using, although you need to keep using it constantly. And as the name called, it helps with wrinkles or for me, fine lines I have around my mouth and eyes. It is also protect your skin from UV so it's nice to use on a no make up Sunday.

Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Methyl Trimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Polysorbate 20, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Silica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Methyl Gluceth-20, Polysilicone-11, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul's Wort) Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Acetyl Glucosamine, Plankton Extract, Whey Protein, Sea Whip Extract, Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract, Caffeine, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Sodium Hyaluronate, Micrococcus Lysate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Ergothioneine, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Lecithin, Carbomer, PEG-8, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol


Most importantly, you may see from this post that I'm taking moisturizing and cleansing my pores very importantly. First, it will make your pores look smaller and make your skin feel more supple.

My advice is to keep it simple, with 3 steps:

1. Cleanse
2. Tone
3. Moisturized

Use serum, extra creams like for eye and neck if needed and deep cleanse with scrubs and masks at least once a week!


Stay Stylish,

No comments:

Post a Comment