Friday, November 04, 2016

The Letter

After a year, Kehlani is still on rotation. But this morning, the song 'The Letter' really touch my heart. Honestly, when I say let's get personal I really meant it. I want to share my life story, I'm done keeping it all to myself. I've realized that I sleep a little better when I share, I breathe a little lighter when I let go...


Without sounding preachy, I just want to remind myself and my reader that even when you're feeling like you're at the lowest point in your life, worthless and like no one in this world loves you or care about you, the universe is there, your creator is there to watch over you, I believe that God is there, he's closer than my own veins. My mother always taught me to be grateful, to say what I'm grateful for when waking up in the morning and going to bed at night.

This morning I realize that I wake up today, I'm still alive, I'm healthy and that means I have purpose. I have purpose in life that God wants me to do. God knows that I can do it, I'm not done yet and I have all the power in me to finish it. I, sometimes, don't know what it is. I get lost. But I know that it's just life. You get lost, you'll find the way, you'll learn from your mistakes and you're one step closer to what's meant for you.

I try to remind myself all that,when things go wrong or when people doubt me...

The first person that ever doubted me was supposed to be my hero, the one person that I should have a special relationship ever since I was a lil girl, the person that I should be able to go to every time I have problem and will fight for me no matter what.

But then again, sometimes it's just what the society wants you to think or things don't go as how you wanted. You just have to make it work. 

I'm not mad, I'm not sad... In that moment, I realized that things might go differently sometimes but as long as you're happy, you ain't got nothin' to worry about.

Let the reality sink in, let it knocks the wind out of you then move on.



"The Letter"

...
And your words was suppose to get me through my heartache, before my heartbreak
There's an emptiness that only few ever feel
And I somehow missed the meaning of love that is real
And it compliments my scars that will never heal

Maybe I didn't deserve you
Maybe I just couldn't cure you
They told me that I didn't hurt you
Why do I feel like I turned you?
Maybe I don't understand it
Tell me is this how you planned it?
Did you see us so stranded
Maybe I'm too much to manage

And if you weren't gonna guide me
Why bring me into the light?
Must have done something to make you want to run and hide
Why oh why didn't you just live your life?
And every girl needs a father
And damn it I needed you
Instead you duck for cover
...


For anyone out there feeling down, worthless, or not loved. Remember that you're not alone, you have me, if I can get through it, YOU could too. Most importantly, you have God. Tell Him your feelings, count your blessings, pray that you can get through it and you will. Believe in the power of prayers, my love I promise you.


Stay Stylish,




Happy Birthday, Pah. I hope you're well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment